Today's likeness came from the joining of the municipalities Raspenava, Luh, Lužec and Peklo. The exact date of the town's establishment is unknown. It was first mentioned in 1343. One invaluable structure is the Neo-Baroque church from 1907. Nearby is a lovely Baroque gate complementing an Art Nouveau rectory. By the church lies the family tomb of the industrialist Richter designed by notable architect F. Neumann.